Congratulations to our recent winners of publication, poster, and presentation awards!
Also congratulations to our many scholarship winners… too numerous to give details here, but we are proud of all of you!
This is a partial list of our recent awards…
- CCEA Stan Rowe Home Place Award 2012, Kelsey Molloy
- Connie Holland Bird Studies Fund Award 2012, Laurel Moulton
- Adrienne Tastad, Second place, Society for Range Management Annual Meeting
- 2010 Outstanding Paper in Landscape Ecology Award, Smith, Koper, Francis, and Fahrig “Confronting collinearity: comparing methods for disentangling effects of habitat loss and fragmentation”, US Chapter of the International Association for Landscape Ecology
- Top 10 Most Read Papers in Methods in Ecology and Evolution, August 2010, Barnett, Koper, Dobson, Manseau, and Schmiegelow. “Selecting the correct variance-covariance structure for longitudinal data in ecology: a comparison of Akaike, quasi-information and deviance information criteria”
- Maggi Sliwinski, First place, student posters, Prairie Conservation & Endangered Species Conference 2010, Winnipeg, Manitoba.
- Crissy Ranellucci, Second place, student posters, Prairie Conservation & Endangered Species Conference 2010, Winnipeg, Manitoba.
- Crissy Ranellucci, First place, student posters, Parks & Protected Areas of Manitoba forum 2009, Winnipeg, Manitoba
- Honorable Mention, 2008 Outstanding Paper in Landscape Ecology Award for “Residuals cannot distinguish between ecological effects of habitat amount and fragmentation: implications for the debate”, US Chapter of the International Association for Landscape Ecology
- Lionel Leston, First place, student presentations, Canadian Chapter of The Wildlife Society Meeting of 2008, Gimli, Manitoba